Monday 1 April 2013

A different world

Watching films is one of the things I like to do most. It can take you to all kinds of worlds, a magical one (Harry Potter), a pirate one (Pirates of the Caribbean), a romantic one (Love Actually) etc. It can make you appreciate what you've got, show someone in a similar situation to your own and much more. The possibilities are endless.

I have a 'Pathé Unlimited' pass, which allows me to go to the movies (at Pathé cinemas) whenever I like, for a fixed price of €19,- a month. Last week was a personal record for me as I went to 4 films!

Argo


Very, very impressive this one was. I can fully understand why it has won the Oscar for best film. I've been wanting to go and see it ever since it won the Oscar but I never did, until last week that is. For those of you who do not know, Argo is about an American man who is on a mission to save 6 people from Iran, after the American embassy, where they worked, has been attacked. If you haven't seen it, I encourage you to do so!

OZ: The Great and Powerful

Also a really nice film. The scenery of the film is very beautiful with amazing colors and stunning views. I think this film is a little different from the original story, but I don't know for sure, since I just heard something about it and saw the musical Wicked, which is a great musical by the way. It's about a 'normal' man who gets caught in a tornado and lands in the Land of Oz, where he is told that a prophecy has foretold that he would be the one to save Oz from the Wicked Witch.

The Host

I find it quite strange that this book from Stephenie Meyer is less popular than Twilight, because I think this was a very interesting film. It's about a future where planet Earth is at peace. The human race, however, has been invaded by aliens, which take over the body of a human being. But some are able to resist..

Silver Linings Playbook

Jennifer Lawrence is great in this film, and I think that also was the main reason I wanted to see it so badly. It's an intriguing film about two people who have mental problems and who are brought together by other people. They begin to see each other more and more and they both may be able to help the other in a way. 

Do you like going to the movies? Which one is your favorite?



No comments:

Post a Comment